BUFFY: What's going on?
(A beat-up RILEY bursts into the room. He aims a Beretta at ANGEL, cocking it.)
RILEY: I told you, you weren't coming near her.
BUFFY: You've got to be kidding me. (to ANGEL) This is why you came?
ANGEL: No. This was accident.
BUFFY: Running a car into a tree is an accident! Running your fist into somebody's face is a plan! Please, explain this to me!
ANGEL (to RILEY): Put that gun down.
RILEY: It's pretty much all I got left, so I'm thinking not. He attacked four of my men, Buffy. I think he's up to his old tricks.
BUFFY (to RILEY): He won't hurt anybody. (to ANGEL) Tell him.
ANGEL (moving toward RILEY): Might hurt you.
RILEY (stepping forward): Oh, please try.
ANGEL: Heh. Some threat. You can barely stand.
RILEY: Trigger finger feels okay.
ANGEL (side glance to BUFFY): You actually sleep with this guy?
(RILEY punches ANGEL in the face. ANGEL hits RILEY back.)
BUFFY (stepping between them and shoving them apart): Okay, stop it...! I see one more display of testosterone poisoning and I will personally put you both in the hospital!
(RILEY and ANGEL exchange glares.)
BUFFY (glancing back and forth between them): Anybody think I'm exaggerating?
ANGEL (a bit whiny): He started--
(BUFFY points a warning finger and ANGEL shuts up. BUFFY walks to RILEY.)
BUFFY (softly): Riley. (glances at gun)
RILEY: I'm sorry. (holsters it) Just wanted to know that you were safe.
BUFFY (gently): I need to talk to Angel for a minute.
BUFFY: Riley, please.
(RILEY looks over BUFFY's shoulder at ANGEL, who's sitting on the bed.)
RILEY (quietly firm to BUFFY): I'm not leaving this room. (crosses his arms) I mean it.
(RILEY continues to glare at ANGEL. BUFFY looks to ANGEL and tilts her head slightly toward the door, then walks past RILEY to reach it. ANGEL stands to follow her and smirks as he passes RILEY. The door closes, and RILEY is left alone.)
RILEY: Not moving a muscle.
~~"The Yoko Factor," Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Episode 76 (S4E20) - (Edited for newsletter space)~~
[Drabbles & Short Fiction]
- "Laura" (Kennedy/Willow, Willow/OFC; FRM) by Larilyn
- "Let Them Wonder How We Got This Far (I Don't Really Need to Wonder at All)" (Faith/Buffy fluff; FRT) by womanaction
- "Anger" (Spike, Buffy/Spike; FRMA-AL) by diettakramer
- The Slayer's Protector, Chapters 1-20/21 (Self-insert OC; Angel/Buffy, Riley/Buffy, Tara/Willow, Xander/Anya, Spike/OFC; FRT) by OtherCharacterNut
- Welcome to Sunnydale, Chapter 1/? (alt-canon BtVS HS years [Catholic School]; OFC, Buffy, Willow, Xander, Giles, Cordy, Snyder; NR) by PennysPages
- Dawn's Gift, Chapter 1/? (Dawn, Buffy; FRT) by LydiaBlue
- Slayer Spirit, Chapter 1/? (BtVS/Anita Blake Vampire Hunter; Buffy, Whistler, Buffy relationships; Dawn bashing; FRT) by LydiaBlue
- Fiction Rating Key Here
- "NR" = "Not Rated"
- Authors' given ratings usually trusted, but "general audiences" and "K" or "K+" are increased to "FRT" because of original BtVS/AtS series' ratings. Occasional stronger ratings given when chance glance shows they're needed. "F-bomb" and/or gratuitous coarse language marked as FRMA-AL, no matter how used. Anything labeled "porn" will receive the FRMA rating. Graphic depictions of human-on-human violence and/or abuse deferred to next day's editor for private life reasons. Thanks for understanding. :-)
[Images, Audio & Video]
- ARTWORK: Buffy #22 Preview (Covers) shared by Priceless
- ARTWORK: Faith One Shot (Boom! Studios) shared by Priceless
- PHOTO: Mini Instagram Reunion (CC, SMG, AH) by YipYipsUhhuh in buffy subreddit
- ARTWORK: Reading Boom! Willow and it's annoying me. all finished and yet... who is this girl...? (MAJOR COMIC SPOILERS) by Billyc4898 in buffy subreddit
- ARTWORK: Xander and Spike had some serious sexual tension. (stills with canon dialogue) by moviephil4315 in buffy subreddit
- ARTWORK: “I Will Remember You” is one of the top 3 saddest episodes of the whole Buffyverse. (stills with canon dialogue) by LunchThreatener in ANGEL subreddit
- ARTWORK: "Li'l Doublemeat Palace Sketch" (Buffy in uniform) by ficklewick
- ARTWORK: "What can I tell you, baby? I’ve always been bad." (Spike then and now) by ficklewick
- ARTWORK: Drawing characters i love in dumb joke t-shirts (Willow/Tara) by artsying-ifer
[Reviews & Recaps]
- Willow #5 (Boom! Studios) review by Priceless
- Oz/Willow Willow/Tara by kellygreen556 in buffy subreddit
- This fight in "The Yoko Factor" is hilarious by GuitarTest in buffy subreddit
- The season 4 finale is one of the best episodes of the first 4 seasons. by GuitarTest in buffy subreddit
- ...We don’t discuss how well Season 7 starts enough. by LunchThreatener in buffy subreddit
- Season 7, Episode 1, "LESSONS" by 1stMonaJune in buffy subreddit
- Anyone else find it annoying that BTVS gets overlooked--perhaps because of its name? by auto_pil0t in buffy subreddit
- I can't believe the network let them get away with this. (NSFW) by Witchyloner
- The importance of a good stunt double by kat–writes
- I can’t stop thinking about the boom! Willow comic (MAJOR SPOILERS) by glompcat
- PODCAST: 136. Wrecked (S6.10) by Still Pretty (Lani Diane Rich & Noelle LaCroix) at Chipperish Media
- Recommended Buffyverse Podcasts 2 (REPLY RE: Buffering the Vampire Slayer/Angel on Top) by Wesxfred
- Chosen by Kiersten White (BtVS/AtS books) recced by Priceless
- More Links Than a Bag of Sausages, recs by petzipellepingo
- Life is (Not) a Fairy Tale (maryperk73703@DW) - (FRT currently) recced by teragramm in Seasonal Spuffy
- Dissonance, Parts 1, 2 and 3 (wolfshadoe@DW) - (FRMA) recced by teragramm in Seasonal Spuffy
- We Don’t Have These Memories (but one day we will) by fluffernutter8 (Bangel; FRT) recced by petzipellepingo
- (ISO) Comics! by Elsbet24 in buffy subreddit
- Anyone have any good Buffy playlists? by Princesstea93 in buffy subreddit
- Anyone read anything good lately?? (fanfic recs in comments!) by DeepBreath220 in buffy subreddit
- Here’s a playlist for you (Spuffy by Annalise on Spotify) recced by effullgent
- Multifandom: Fandomtrees (gifting fest) by kingstoken in fandomcalendar
- Advent Drabbles open for prompting by goddess47 in fandomcalendar
- Buffy Board Games (all of which include Angel) Sale! by scottkthompson in ANGEL subreddit
- Did Buffy influence your view on sex and intimacy ? by idkidc1243 in buffy subreddit
- POLL: Favourite Buffyverse couple that ended before it began by Willdon231 in buffy subreddit
- Could Angel have gone to that place in South (Africa) where Spike went to "fight for his soul"? by TellThatDevil in ANGEL subreddit
- Favorite Friendship by moviephil4315 in buffy subreddit
- Your favorite episodes that aren't written or directed by Joss Whedon? by jdpm1991 in buffy subreddit
- Where do demons go when they die? And do they have souls? by Waarm in ANGEL subreddit
- POLL: Which Villain Would You Have Liked To See More Of In The Series by george123890yang in buffy subreddit
- Rewatching after 20 years. by Timothy_Drake_Wayne in buffy subreddit
- Having a big issue with season 5. (NEW VIEWER. PLEASE DON'T SPOIL IN COMMENTS) by GuitarTest in buffy subreddit
- Spike....what’s a soul got to do with it?! (Soulless Spike vs. Ensouled Spike and Spuffy) by AstridDante in buffy subreddit
- Getting a friend into Buffy by Rynoht in buffy subreddit
- What was the saddest and most brutal moment that happened to Buffy? by jdpm1991 in
- Do you think The First will get an origin in any form of Media? by EmperorJoker in buffy subreddit
- I already HATE Eve. Why couldn’t they just bring back Lilah :( (NO SPOILERS PLZ) by SarcasticGayB**** in ANGEL subreddit
- Sometimes I think about it, and I just want tara x willow from buffy back by fartkittyonline
[Articles, Interviews, and Other News]
- VIDEO: Seth Green defending how SMG was mislabeled as "difficult on set" (bonus Michelle Trachtenberg...) - (E!Television report) by Use_Her-Name in buffy subreddit
- Attention: (A) principal from Buffy just wrote a novel. It’s called Illyria. by Emily Temple at Lit Hub
- Farewell to 'SPN' Day 14: James Marsters' 'SPN' Moment & Misjudging His 'Buffy' Co-Star by Emily Aslanian at TV Insider
Did we miss something? Want us to announce a Buffyverse contributor's/fan's upcoming birthday?
Submit a link to be included in the newsletter here!
NOTE: There will be occasional overlap of material, as well as deferring of material to the next editor. Please check the next day's Herald before contacting the editors if you feel your work was overlooked. Thank you for your patience with us as we try to balance real life with fandom!